- A 2022 Supplement to the 7th Edition (2020) FBC impacting permitting and installation of Fire Alarm Systems can be viewed here. The supplement provides for the following:
- A revision to section 18.104.22.168 (Item 4) of the Florida Building Code – Building necessary to incorporate the provisions for simplified permitting process for fire alarm system projects as per SB 1140. This bill went into effect July 1, 2022.
- A revision to section 105.17(1)(b) of the Florida Building Code – Building necessary to update the definition of “Low-voltage alarm system project” for consistency with SB 1140. This bill went into effect July 1, 2022.
- Addition of new section 22.214.171.124 to the Florida Building Code – Building to incorporate additional provisions for reviewing application for building permit including number of times the local government may request additional information as outlined by HB 423. This bill went into effect July 1, 2022.
Development of the 8th Edition (2023) FBC continues to proceed:
- Results of the June Technical Advisory Committee meetings can be reviewed HERE.
- A 45-day public comment period is open until August 26 – Received comments will be posted on September 21.
- Technical Advisory Committees will meet October 11-14 to act on the public comments received.
Development of the 8th Edition (2023) FFPC continues to proceed:
- Voting outcomes of the Phase 1 Public Proposals can be reviewed HERE.
- Draft Florida specific amendments to the NFPA 1 and NFPA 101.
- Complete workplan schedule can be reviewed HERE.
The Economic Impact of U.S. Electrical and Medical Imaging Manufacturers on Jobs, Labor Income, and U.S. GDP Contributions in the stay of Florida total:
- $4.78 Billion in Labor Income
- 81,660 Jobs
- $7.73 Billion in GDP Contributions.
More details available HERE.